chickpea curry over wild rice
We make this curry a lot. It is quick, easy and kid friendly. Gluten free, soy free, vegan. Contains Coconut milk and peanuts
|28 oz||chickpeas (drained and rinsed)|
|14 oz||tomatoes (diced)|
|14 oz||coconut milk|
|1/4 cup||peanut butter|
|4 tsp||curry powder|
|1 1/2 tsp||powdered ginger|
|1/4 tsp||cumin seed|
|1/8 tsp||red pepper flakes|
|4||garlic cloves (minced)|
|1 tbsp||earth balance|
- Saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add ginger, curry powder, cumin seeds and red pepper flakes and cook until the spice mixture coats the onions and the garlic.
- Add the chickpeas and the tomatoes, let simmer uncovered on medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until most of the juices are cooked off.
- Gradually pour coconut milk into the mixture, continue simmering for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter, cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add raisins, stir and let them warm through for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice. With optional garlic chili hot sauce.