Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lentil Loaf


Yes, I know my pictures are not the best. It is meat loaf though! I don't think it was meant to be pretty. When my picky 8 year old told me this is better than ice cream, I knew I had to share it. I found the recipe on  melomeals.blogspot.com Gluten-free, vegan. Can be made soy-free if you sub the soy sauce for garlic salt to taste.
Lentil Loaf
4 T Olive Oil
1 large onion
10 cloves garlic
1 t poultry seasoning
1 c celery, diced
1 c carrots, pulsed in a food processor
Pinch salt/pepper
2 c cooked ( and drained ) lentils 
2 c cooked brown rice or millet
½ c sunflower seeds
½ c gf oats
2 T flax meal
½ c nutritional yeast
2 t  Cajun Spice
2 T Dijon mustard
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T Braggs or GF soy sauce 

Glaze
¼ c ketchup
2 T Dijon 
2 T evoo

  1. Sauté onion, garlic , poultry seasoning, celery and carrots along with the pinch salt/pepper for 10 minutes or until soft
  2. Place veggie mixture along with the lentils/grains in a food processor and pulse well
  3. Scrape mixture into a bowl
  4. Pulse nuts and oats, add to bowl
  5. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
  6. Taste and adjust seasoning
  7. Spray a piece of parchment with cooking spray and form into a loaf; pour half of the glaze 
  8. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes; drizzle rest of glaze over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment