Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our Favorite Smoothie

                                                      Our Favorite Smoothie
I drink a lot of smoothies. One almost every day. They give me a great amount of energy and the fact that I can sneak greens into my kids breakfast is a plus! They are very versatile and we like to change them up with whatever fruit/veggie is in season. This one is the smoothie we had this morning. Gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, nut-free.

1 ripe banana
1 cup fresh or frozen fruit (e.g., berries, mango, kiwi, peach,pear, anything you prefer or a mixture)
1 cup greens (i used kale and chard) I add a lot more but you can start with just 1 cup to get kids used to it
1/2 cup fruit juice (pear, mango or berry nectar is nice)
1 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
1/4-1/2 cup filtered water

* for a creamier smoothie you can substitute non-dairy milk for water
Blend until smooth and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment